Sunday, May 31, 2020

Conrow Class Memes

The end of this school year has been difficult on many levels for every teacher and student... but a little more so for teachers like me who are also leaving their school at the end of this year. Especially those of us who didn't choose to leave. Looking for a job while trying to close out an unexpected end to a school year during a global pandemic is an interesting, busy, frustrating place to be. 

But my final student assignment of the year changed the tone of my final report card weekend. I had my students create Conrow Class Memes. Looking through them brought me smiles and full belly laughs.

They nailed them. Many students made two, some made as many as four, capturing the time we spent together. 

From my love of purple


and tortoises



to their penchant for bursting into song


they left no stone unturned.

I have never assigned classroom memes before, but if I am lucky enough to have a classroom again in the future, I certainly will continue to ask students to use this method of reflecting on their year. It was a fun walk down memory lane through their eyes. They did a great job of keeping their humor well intentioned and there were certainly themes that emerged.

Homework:



My penchant for standing on desks:


Many of them also showed that they did hear several of my messages throughout the school year in a humorous validation of my teaching career.








No comments:

Post a Comment